Sunday, July 12, 2009

Feeling a Little too Comfortable in My Own Skin


For years I have allowed myself to start some kind of dieting, lose a significant amount of weight and then, eat myself crazy until I get into the same shape or worse than I was before I lost the weight. I have allowed myself to get into the worst shape of my life and it is no one's fault but mine. If I were to, by some miracle, end up pregnant, I wouldn't be able to carry the child healthfully. I have to remind myself everyday that I CAN get to a healthy weight. I can be a healthy person and I can reverse some of the effects that my overweightness has caused me. I have allowed myself to get out of control, to lose sight of what kind of life I really want for myself and posterity. It is time that I take control for good. To reign in my control and once and for all become the person that I know I can be. I am not going to be the overweight person in the pictures anymore. I am so tired of that. I am going to be the healthy person that is trying to treat her body right. I am going to break this fat gene and I hope that my family is ready to do the same.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment