Friday, February 27, 2009

That wonderful empty feeling and the new regimen

So, I don't know about anyone else, but exercise is a really hard habit for me to get into. When I think about it in my mind after reading a fitness article I am so pumped up and ready to go work out. GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! Then I get to that point where I have my sports bra on and I'm read to go and it just don't want to happen. It almost feels like a form of torture when I am getting ready for it, but when I get there I feel so much better and I have this great sense of accomplishment. Even after just a few days of exercise, my body is becoming more limber and a lot less stiff. Because of the diet and exercise I don't feel as full as I once did either. At one time, not too far past, I felt like I had swallowed a whole Thanksgiving turkey and that it was just stuck in my stomach. Not a fun feeling. It feels so good to be emptier. I have a food and exercise journal from diet finder. It helps to list everything that you are eating. This is a sample day for me:

Thursday, February 26

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One Original cereal with 4 fresh strawberries cut up in it and 1/2 cup skim milk and 1 boiled egg

9 am: 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 1 can V8

Lunch: Taco salad from Wendy's (It was a little heavy, but it was soooo good)

Supper: Panda Express
Mixed vegetables
Mushroom Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
Spring Roll
The only substitution I wish that I would have made at Panda is the Kung Pao Chicken, it is not that bad, but I could have saved 90 calories if opted for the Broccoli Beef, which I will keep in mind next time.
All in all, I only had about 1500 calories.


The trick to counting your calories is to know exactly what you are eating. If you eat out, when you get home, go to the website of where you ate out and check it out. They usually have the nutritional information right there for you. There are also other sites that you can go to like, http://www.thedailyplate.com/ or http://www.caloriecounter.com/ and if you are a member of sparkpeople they have a calorie counter for you. There are also little books that you can pick up to carry around with you, but no matter which way you choose, the information is there for you. Don't be afraid to use it or to pick up a health and fitness magazine and try to learn things from them. Health and fitness magazines are stocked full of information and can be very useful.


I have finally decided on my plan of attack for my inflated fat cells and am going to list it so that I can see it regularly. It is as follows:

Monday: AM Do yoga or Carmen Electra's striptease video
Take dogs for 30 minute walk

PM Do elliptical trainer as long as can without passing out (no longer than 60 minutes, started at 15 minutes)
Strength training for stomach and lower body

Tuesday: AM Some stretching and ball exercises

PM Do treadmill as long as possible without passing out (no longer than 60 minutes, started at 10 minutes)
Strength training for back and upper body

Wednesday: OFF DAY

Thursday: AM Do Yoga or Carmen Electra's striptease video
Take dogs for 30 minute walk

PM Do elliptical trainer as long as can without passing out (no longer than 60 minutes, started at 15 minutes)
Strength training for stomach and lower body

Friday: AM: Some stretching and ball exercises

PM: Do treadmill as long as possible without passing out (no longer than 60 minutes, started at 10 minutes)

Saturday: AM Do yoga or striptease video and ball exercises
PM: Do mixed treadmill/elliptical routine
Strength training for upper and lower body
Optional swim or hot tub usage

Sunday: OFF DAY: Can go for Sunday stroll, but no training

This is a tentative schedule. Could change if my body becomes accustomed and no longer benefits from routine.


Happy Blogging!

*Lindsey*

No comments:

Post a Comment