Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm Back

It's been a terrible couple of months. I lost my sweet mother. I dedicate the rest of this journey to her.

Weight: 257 lbs
Goal: 25 lbs (10% of my body weight)
Goal Date: August 8, 2009
Blood Glucose Goals: Levels between 70-100 consistently

Long-term Goal: To be alive by the next reunion.
How I will do this: Eat properly & exercise every day (walk and use my glider and try Yoga)

I will edit this post later and add my measurements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday, I didn't eat until lunch. (This isn't a good thing.)

Lunch was beef stir-fry with lots of cabbage, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, onions, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and mushrooms. It was yummy.

Fresh blueberries, but I ate more than I should have.

Angel food cake. More than I should have.

Supper was:
2 servings of banana nut crunch cereal.

Snack (thoughout the evening):
A tomato

A handful of chips

Three handfuls of popcorn

2 Bananas

That's what I ate yesterday. I needed to portion it out and didn't. I had too much snacking and didn't do meals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goal for Wednesday, July 8th:

Eat better. Portion things out and count the calories, fat and carbs.

15 minutes on the glider and get out my walking and Yoga DVDs.

I will report this evening if I am successful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday I began walking. I walked 4/10ths of a mile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My fasting blood glucose this morning: 156 (Goal 70-100)

Although I am not at goal yet, this reading is exciting to me. I have been struggling to get it down below 200 for a couple of months now. While I am not at goal yet, I am getting there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update on Jamie:

He walked 6/10ths of a mile yesterday.

Everyone be sure to sign your posts, so we will know who you are.

~Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment