Monday, July 27, 2009

Could I have fries with that please????




Okay. Just kidding. But one thing that seriously bugs me is the fast food ads everywhere you look. I have a weak spot for hamburger and fries. We go out to pay bills today and all I see are hamburgers on billboards. A semi on the interstate has a hamburger the size of a car on it. (I am beginning to drool again, just thinking about it.) It isn't any wonder that I can't seem to lose weight with all the subliminal messages and "triggers" we are bombarded with. I do so much better when I stay home with the cable off!

Oh, and I just heard they are doing a new study on diabetics and they want guinea pigs, I mean volunteers. The control group is given a regular chocolate bar every day while the test group is given some kind of super charged chocolate. Of course, you don't know which group you are in. The study will go on for two years and you are provided with free chocolate. Hummm....do they provide free insulin as well?

Go figure.

Have joy in the journey. ~Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment