Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Happy Weight!

Talk about information overkill, you google weight loss and you will come up with millions of websites. There is so much information out there it would be impossible to digest it all and use what works for you. I need someone who has been there to blaze the trail and tell me what works and what is a gimmick to get your money. If you don't think there are con artists in the weight loss world, get a clue.
That's one of the reasons we started this blog. We are doing this to not only document our journey and as a commitment, but also to lead the way. We will tell you what is working for us and what isn't working.
So, I got on Yahoo this afternoon to check my mail and the headline reads: "Find your 'Happy Weight'. Learn how to determine your true ideal weight, based on various life factors." As a teenager, I had attended a workshop to establish my healthy weight. Based on my measurements, etc., my ideal weight for my body type was 160 lbs. So, I thought I would give it a try. Self has a happy weight calculator.
Height
Frame: Small Medium Large
Do you have an obese sibling or parent? Yes No
Age:
Do you have children? Yes No
How often do you exercise and weight train? Once a week. Three times a week. Five or more times a week.
Recently quit smoking? Yes No
Do you allow yourself a treat?
After answering these questions, it determined that my happy weight is 144.3.
I decided to play with a bit and answered that I didn't allow myself a treat, and my happy weight was 143.3. One lousy pound difference. I don't think so! For crying out loud, I will only be a pound heavier and still get treats. Where do people get these?
Enjoy the journey. ~Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment